Fun game from Vonnie in my Bibliophile book group: Invite 11 people to a literary dinner party. Here are mine, according to her criteria:
1. One character who can cook/likes to cook
Lillian from The School of Essential Ingredients
2. One character who has money to fund the party
Any member of the Grigori family from Angelology – filthy rich and supernatural, to boot!
3. One character who might cause a scene
Celia Bowen from The Night Circus – illusionist extraordinaire
4. One character who is funny/amusing
Lord Akeldama from Soulless
– Flamboyant, gay, ancient, socially-connected vampire
5. One character who is super social/popular
Jesus Christ from Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ’s Childhood Pal
6. One villain
Hilly Holbrook from The Help – Just so I could slap the fire out of her!
7. One couple – doesn’t have to be romantic
Juliet and Dawsey from The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society – Such a fun couple of people!
8. One hero/heroine
Odd Thomas from the Odd Thomas series – an unlikely hero, but excellent just the same.
9. One underappreciated character
The Giver in the book by the same name – What a terrible and great responsibility.
10. One character of your own choosing
Anges Crandall from Anges and the Hitman – description: A food columnist with a deadly temper who occasionally tries to kill her unfaithful boyfriends. What is not to love?!